Spring Common Academy is committed to supporting families and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
All staff and volunteers share this commitment. Below you will find contacts for our Designated Safeguarding Leads. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or worries, we are here to help in any way we can.
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads
Julie Perry, Safeguarding Trustee
Customer Services at Children's Social Care - 0345 045 5203
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) - 01223 727967
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our Safeguarding commitment, including our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy which can be viewed below.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a pupil's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe such a move would be contrary to the pupil's welfare.
- E-Safety Policy - 2022
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance - 2022
- Mobile Phone use in School - 2020
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy - 2022
- Safer Working Practice for working with Children and Young People in Education Settings 2022
- Staff Code of Conduct - 2022
- Whistleblowing Policy - 2021
- What to do if you are worried a child is being abused - 2015 (DfE)
- Working together to safeguard children - 2018 (DfE)
- Behaviour in Schools - 2022 (DfE)
Click the link below to view the multi-agency policy that has been compiled by the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Safeguarding Adults Board. Its purpose is to enable all agencies to achieve consistent and robust arrangements for safeguarding people with care and support needs and to implement effective safeguarding plans which minimise risk of harm and adopt a zero tolerance approach to abuse and neglect.